rejecting spam at SMTP time (was Re: Postfix anti-antivirus (was Re: [linux-elitists] etc))

Aaron Sherman ajs@ajs.com
Wed Sep 29 07:24:05 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 11:59, Aaron Sherman wrote:

> I'm about to start looking into anti-virus milters that can ID the virus
> before reading the whole message. It's getting pretty bad.

I've written a milter... it's in early stages, and seems to be causing
authentication problems, but (as SA did), I've started with simple
static pattern matching. I'll fix the bugs and add statistical analysis,
then distribute.

The good news is that it pretty much stopped dead my virus spam problem
(killing the connection as soon as suspect strings were found) during
testing with 0 false positives.

--
Aaron Sherman <ajs@ajs.com>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith