rejecting spam at SMTP time (was Re: Postfix anti-antivirus (was Re: [linux-elitists] etc))

tek tek@pervasivenetwerks.com
Tue Sep 28 18:07:30 PDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:38:52 -0400, Aaron Sherman wrote

-----snip-----
> 150 pieces of spam since my last message.... sigh.

I have a large set of rbls i use. i too have been blocked and unable to get
off of the lists once way back in the past and hated them with a vengence....

but it works, sigh...
here is the lists im using on postfix and i get virtually no spam and this is
a production system with hundreds of users.

maps_rbl_domains = opm.blitzed.org,rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org,bl.spamcop.net,
relays.ordb.org,sbl.spamhaus.org,KR.rbl.cluecentral.net,
BR.rbl.cluecentral.net,blackholes.mail-abuse.org,cbl.abuseat.org,
xbl.spamhaus.org,list.dsbl.org,dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net

only time we/I have lost any mail was when they were ddos'ing the rbl's off
the net and OsiruSoft/joe jared blacklisted everyone.
Tnt

> --
[UTF-8?]> ☎ 781-324-3772
[UTF-8?]> ✉ ajs@ajs.com