rejecting spam at SMTP time (was Re: Postfix anti-antivirus (was Re: [linux-elitists] etc))

Aaron T Porter atporter@primate.net
Fri Sep 24 10:45:52 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 08:45:05AM -0700, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:

> 	The big problem with greylisting is, of course, your backup
> MXes.

	Greylisting caused me to drop my quid pro quo MX setup and
actually pay to run a backup system. There are a number of people out
there selling usermode linux hosting these days in the < $20/mo range. It
seems to be a near ideal solution to my NS/MX needs. A good greylisting
implimentation[1] will support syncing your hosts. ~2.5mo into the
experiement with a 99.8% decrease in spam accepted by the MTA, no reported
missed mail.

[1] http://hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist/