[linux-elitists] poor man's Google

Jeff Kinz jkinz@kinz.org
Wed Sep 22 05:29:40 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:03:04AM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I'm about to start a company with a friend, based on offering
> high-availability/high-security hosting and virtualized company
SNIP

> Before I wind up reinventing stuff (Google isn't that close a match actually,
> being too specialized), are you familiar with similiar efforts? Have perhaps
> a suggestion, based on personal experience?

I re-invented that wheel in 1995 on Solaris.  Here is a project which
provides a toolset you may find useful:
http://www.linux-ha.org/

"High-Availability Linux Project"
See article:
http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-11/availability_01.html

--
Linux/Open Source.  Now all your base belongs to you, for free.