[linux-elitists] hostname question

Rob Walker rob@myinternetplace.net
Sun Sep 19 19:09:32 PDT 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 09:51 am, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> begin  Eugen Leitl  quotation:
> > I'm using the names and symbols of chemical elements.
>
>  Yes, that's nice.  I think VA Research was the first to think
> of that one.  It only works on one octet, but it's nice and geeky.

Yes, we intended to get a list of molecules with atomic weights above 102
before we went into the move to Sunnyvale, but we had to go with the
numbering way too soon.  I suppose there are enough compounds and stuff out
there with enough different weights that we could have some up with a way to
go on for as many addresses as we would have liked.

I remember one executive saying, "I want cocaine, give me cocaine."

We also wanted to have xdm login screens and screensavers of each element and
all that cool stuff.  Never happened, owell.

rob