[Daniel.Brady@goldenpages.ie: Out of Office AutoReply: [linux-elitists] hostname question]

Nick Moffitt nick@teh.entar.net
Sat Sep 18 20:32:37 PDT 2004

Sonofa...

This has to be the BUILT IN EXCHANGE SERVER VACATION PROGRAM.  I mean,
I'm used to every little twit on earth writing a new broken vacation
spammer.  That's a given!  And I'm used to proprietary software
breaking accepted convention and protocol, since it gets to say "Who
are you to correct ME?  I forbid you to change my ways!"

And I guess I'm used to big proprietary software companies spreading
software that's Broken By Design (after all, begin-space-space tee hee
hee).

But somehow this just took me by surprise.  How could we have not
noticed before that the oh-so-widespread "Internet Mail Service" has
such a fundamentally pro-spam vacation feature?

----- Forwarded message from Daniel.Brady@goldenpages.ie -----
From: Daniel.Brady@goldenpages.ie
To: nick@teh.entar.net
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:21:52 +0100

I am out of the office on annual leave until the 27th of September. Please
email Ian Redmond in my absence

Regards
Daniel Brady

The information contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be subject to legal professional privilege. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and remains the property of Golden Pages Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure,alteration, printing, copying or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted with it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by mistake, please promptly inform the sender by replying e-mail, or by contacting the postmaster@goldenpages.ie. Whilst this e-mail message
has been swept for the presence of computer viruses, Golden Pages Ltd does not, except as required by law, represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the
integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the communication is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference.

This mail was sent by Daniel.Brady@goldenpages.ie to nick@teh.entar.net on 19/9/2004

www.goldenpages.ie

----- End forwarded message -----

--
We would do the world a great favor if we just deleted all        Nick Moffitt
software projects that described themselves as "frameworks".nick@teh.entar.net