[linux-elitists] Elitist IM

D. Joe Anderson deejoe@raccoon.com
Mon Sep 6 23:31:40 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 09:50:33PM -0400, Etienne Goyer wrote:

> So, what do you guys use ?  Good ol'IRC, one of the big three (AOL, MSN,
> ICQ), your own Jabber network, something else entirely ?

IRC and zephyr, mostly.  When I found out there was an ncurses
client for one of the new, everyone-is-doing-it-why-don't-you
protocols (naim) I started up a screen session for that, but
it's slow going.  The people (who do IT higher up the org chart)
I thought use it don't.

I generally find myself out of phase:  Either I've got a
free-of-charge account for one of the IM services the screen
name and password to which I still remember, but I don't know
anyone I want to talk to with it or, I find someone I want to
talk with using one of the services, but don't have an account
set up at that moment (the setting-up of which gets pushed to
the to-do stack, but then lather-rinse-repeat).

--
Joe