[linux-elitists] advice needed Microsoft/Turkey is anti Mozilla (but pro-Dillo!)

Mike MacCana mmaccana@redhat.com
Wed Oct 20 18:57:27 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 01:41 -0400, Mister Bad wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-20-10 at 12:33 +1000, Mike MacCana wrote:
>
> > The recent versions of Flash also include a native Linux Sorenson video
> > codec.
>
> Thank you Macromedia for making proprietary crap software that works
> natively on my preferred Free operating system.

Crap because you don't like proprietary software (in which case the word
'crap' is redundant) or crap because you've benchmarked it and found it
inferior to Ogg Tarkin? if so, got a URL for that?

Personally, I'd rather have support for what's out there provided by a
proprietary codec that runs and is maintained on Linux than a Windows
DLL run through mplayer. And yes, everybody would prefer the world used
Ogg video, but that's not going to happen overnight.

Mike