[linux-elitists] Nehemiah crypto support in a Linux distro

Martin Pool mbp@sourcefrog.net
Tue Oct 19 23:35:14 PDT 2004

On 20 Oct 2004, Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> wrote:

> I've installed Ubuntu (Warty Warthog) on a Nehemiah system yesterday, and on
> a first test (dd if=/dev/random of=blah.dat) it looked entropy-starved.
> Haven't checked OpenSSL support yet.

zcat /proc/config.gz | grep HW_RANDOM

It seems like you might reasonably ask them to turn it on.

Even if they won't change it, you can always reconfigure your kernel
without needing to switch distributions.

I don't know of any reason why OpenSSL would need to be rebuilt.  It
shouldn't care what feeds into /dev/random.

--
Martin