[linux-elitists] Nehemiah crypto support in a Linux distro

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue Oct 19 22:59:29 PDT 2004

I've installed Ubuntu (Warty Warthog) on a Nehemiah system yesterday, and on
a first test (dd if=/dev/random of=blah.dat) it looked entropy-starved.
Haven't checked OpenSSL support yet.

Is this normal behaviour on a binary (Ubuntu is Debian-based) Linux
distribution, and can I assume a) I need to build a custom kernel, and
rebuild OpenSSL b) a source based distro (such as Gentoo) will detect and
build according support automagically?

OpenBSD claims full support for Nehemiah both in generic kernel and OpenSSL.