[linux-elitists] advice needed Microsoft/Turkey is anti Mozilla (but pro-Dillo!)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 19 19:22:23 PDT 2004

Quoting Bulent Murtezaoglu (bm@acm.org):

> I hate dilike flash on web pages.  There are few legitimate uses for
> it outside of advertising.  Especially with the macromedia plug-in
> there's no easy way to say 'ok never animate unless I tell you to.'

http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
Newly updated for Firefox 0.9.

  Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla and Firefox browsers that
  takes a pessemistic approach to dealing with Macromedia Flash content
  on a webpage and blocks ALL Flash content from loading. It then leaves
  a placeholder on the page that allows you to click to view the Flash
  content.