[linux-elitists] advice needed Microsoft/Turkey is anti Mozilla (but pro-Dillo!)

Mike MacCana mmaccana@redhat.com
Tue Oct 19 18:55:56 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 18:46 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Bulent Murtezaoglu (bm@acm.org):
>
> > Thanks, but actually that wouldn't have helped me.
>
> A point.  I was just taking the opportunity to point out that Macromedia
> Flash isn't _entirely_ tied to either proprietary editing tools or to
> MS-Windows.

Most people don't hate flash cause its proprietary. If they did, they'd
probably hate PDF for the same reasons. And yell and scream about PDF
loudly because people produce crappy pseudo-tech 'whitepapers' in the
format (which is clearly Adobe's fault).

But they don't hate flash for those reasons. They hate flash because
they're considerate: and they need a way of telling us they're
retarded.

Mike