[linux-elitists] advice needed Microsoft/Turkey is anti Mozilla (but pro-Dillo!)

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Tue Oct 19 18:53:13 PDT 2004

[...]
    TEN> 	Yeah, and he said he used VNC2SWF, which I still
    TEN> haven't dug up.

Asking would have worked. http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/
The entire thing was done on Linux.  I just had to have a way to
_show_ the windows-using crowd what goes on and how firefox deals with
it.

    TEN> And I must confess that the MEGO response to
    TEN> the whole "OMFG Microsoft is not playing fair!" post caused
    TEN> me to skip testing the flash file in the GPL'd flash player.

That's OK.  It wasn't "OMFG Microsoft is not playing fair!", it was
"OMFG I _thought_ I'd get them to fix the disgrace and expose them,
instead it seems I _confirmed_ how impervious to bad press they are,
instead."  Perhaps I could have made that clearer.

The point was not that that page couldn't be looked at, it was that MS
was pulling that off in Turkey, while not attempting it elsewhere (not
in the US at least).

    TEN> So if it's compatible with the clone, then I offer my genuine
    TEN> apologies to everyone on this list.

It wouldn't be, it should be off by a few pixels.  Vnc2swf has a
macromedia bug mode that I used.

I am sure folks had fun, tho.

cheers,

BM