[linux-elitists] advice needed Microsoft/Turkey is anti Mozilla (but pro-Dillo!)

Bulent Murtezaoglu bm@acm.org
Tue Oct 19 18:41:43 PDT 2004

[...]
    RM>   http://freshmeat.net/projects/f4l/ About: Flash for Linux is
    RM> an SWF editor, similar to Macromedia Flash.

Thanks, but actually that wouldn't have helped me.  I needed a movie
showing firefox in action that would play in the browsers of IE-using
windows-running crowd I was targetting.  I didn't use any non-free sw
to make that movie, vnc2swf AFAIK is free software, it uses ming which
also appears to be free.

Actually I liked it enough that I might use it for some short emacs
tutorials also.  SWF is documented, and there is a standalone gnu
player.  So I dunno what the fuss was about, actually.

The for-money question was that maybe there was a better way to do
that that I had missed?

cheers,

BM