[linux-elitists] advice needed Microsoft/Turkey is anti Mozilla (but pro-Dillo!)

Rob McGee list+Elite@nodns4.us
Tue Oct 19 15:57:25 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 17:25, Bulent Murtezaoglu wrote:
> Elitists, I need ideas.  It seems MS Turkey is implementing a
> javascript hack for their consumer security page that that makes it
> unviewable on any non-MS browser with javascript turned on.

Ooooh, tricky!

> What I need from the elitists is ideas that will help put the fear of
> $deity into MS/Turkey.  Can we bring some publicity pressure to bear
> from the US?

I doubt it.

> There's an enthusiastic and youngish GNU-minded crowd
> here (and perhaps OSS-minded),

So lead them into GNU territory.

> but the MS penetration and fear factor
> (+FUD) is already higher than it is in the US.

That's the thing to work on.

> they ought not get away with gratutious incompatibility here if the
> situation will improve.  Ideally I'd like them to fear 18 yr old

Monkey business[1] like this actually plays into the hands of GNU
advocates. You leave all these worries behind when you dump MS.

> Why should you care?

#include=<roundeye.h>

Best wishes. I don't wish to discourage you ... uh ... on second
thought, I guess I do. :)

[1] Your English is very good but I don't know how well you know
colloquialisms: "monkey business" means, roughly, "silly games".
They're certainly silly since any recent browser can get around the
"problem" easily.
--
    Rob - /dev/rob0