[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Marc Wilson msw@cox.net
Thu Oct 14 01:33:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:12:03PM -0700, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> begin  Marc Wilson  quotation:
> > On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 09:21:06AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > Our ppc32 release exists, for the most part, to bring those lost
> > > sheep back to the flock.
> >
> > Ah, and the Gnome attitude rears its head, yet again.  Anyone who
> > doesn't subscribe to Gnome's view of the universe must be "lost",
> > and are in need of saving.
>
>     Uh, anyone not using 100% FREE SOFTWARE is lost and needs saving.

No, anyone making the decision of what to use based on religious mania
rather than what works best for them needs saving.

If Gnome is that for you, that's great for you.  But allow others to make
the same choice and come up with a different answer.

OSS has some of the best hypocrisy... "we'll let you make whatever choice
you want, we're all about freedom... oh, but you really should choose THIS
because we know what's right for you better than you do."

Feh.  I couldn't care less about ideology, I care about what works.  On my
x86 boxen, that's Debian without Gnome.  On my PPC's, that's OS X.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Truth can wait; he's used to it.
 msw@cox.net |