[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Oct 13 03:58:40 PDT 2004

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> > Ah, and the Gnome attitude rears its head, yet again.  Anyone who
> > doesn't subscribe to Gnome's view of the universe must be "lost", and
> > are in need of saving.
>
> We're Free Software elitists here.

... and for buttmonkey's sake - there's a bunch of people building a stack
of software that is designed to appeal to a planet full of people. You're
not prepared to forgive them for a bit of posturing? You don't think this
list is capable of handling some tongue-in-cheek battle banter? Hell *yes*
we want to kick OS X's butt [1] and pull those users back on to a Free
platform! No fucking around.

Here is the memo if you didn't receive it: GNOME and Free Software is all
about *SAVING THE WORLD* not drawing pissy little buttons on the screen.

- Jeff

[1] Through quality, not fascism. Bong.

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/