[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Oct 11 22:14:10 PDT 2004

<quote who="Eugen Leitl">

> > GNOME (and Ubuntu) allow Linux users who might otherwise switch to Mac
> > OS to stay on Linux.  Opinions may vary on whether that's a good
>
> What's wrong with using several operating systems?

Nothing, but saving potential FOSS contributors from the slippery slope of
OS X is a battle worth fighting. ;-) [ Bonus random sig serendipity. ]

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
    it as good as the Macintosh. To try to be like Windows is to try for
                      second-best." - Richard Stallman