[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Mon Oct 11 19:04:53 PDT 2004

begin  J C Lawrence  quotation:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:31:58 -0700 Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> wrote:
> > No -- _if_ you can train your family never to ask you for computer
> > help.  Otherwise, you have to use one set of tools and support
> > another.
>
> No more than the fact that I drive a car makes me the technical
> resource for my family for car repair.  Like everything else:
> somethings I know, somethings I don't, somethings I refer to other
> people.

	Oh boy!  Car metaphors!  How novel!

	Your analogy would be more like claiming that because you
tinker in the garage on some car or other, you don't have to change
the oil in the family car.

	Me, I vow never to set foot in a DMV as long as I live, but
that's another story.

--
A: No.                                                 Nick Moffitt
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?           nick@zork.net