[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Oct 11 09:31:58 PDT 2004

begin  J C Lawrence quotation of Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:34:58AM -0400:

> Why bother rebelling against when it is easier to simply choose the
> course you prefer?  I select what I wish.  Does it matter in the
> slightest if it coincidentally aligns with others or not?

No -- _if_ you can train your family never to ask you
for computer help.  Otherwise, you have to use one set
of tools and support another.  (Remember, the original
"GNOME > you" thread started when Nick posted, " So I
had to re-install my wife's machine because she was
sick of me upgrading it under her all the time" and
ended up using the same stock GNOME setup himself.)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/