[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Sun Oct 10 16:21:06 PDT 2004

<quote who="Teh Entar-Nick">

> begin  Jeff Weff  quotation:
> >                 I get my kicks above the .sigline, sunshine.
>
> 	You know, I am going to actually admit that I got the Chess
> reference.
>
> 	I am saved from total embarassment by explaining that I heard
> the soundtrack tape once in Jim Dennis's crazy van.

I, um, became fascinated with One Night in Bangkok when I was below the age
of irony, and managed to have a major part in a performance of Chess when I
was well into the age of thoughtless irony. Hrm.

> 	Nevertheless:  GNOME still > you

It is interesting to see that GNOME (and Ubuntu) are getting similar kinds
of positive reactions from 'traditional' *nix users as OS X, along the lines
of "well, I've been fucking around for too many years now, this stuff Just
Works".

Our ppc32 release exists, for the most part, to bring those lost sheep back
to the flock.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Boston Summit                                       October 9-11, 2004

                      Cette menace est très sérieuse.