[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller@columbus.rr.com
Sun Oct 10 15:40:43 PDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 12:10:35PM -0700, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
>begin Matthew W. Miller quotation:
>> On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 02:37:22PM -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
>> >http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/when_did_i_become_a_gnome_weenie-2004-10-09-00-31.html
>> >Indeed, when did we all?
>> *Who* all?
>Ah, you lovable cad!  You forgot to explain EXACTLY WHICH MICROFEATURE
>of Windowmaker you absolutely CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT!

Not that I expect anyone to actually care, but since you asked so
nicely, I'll obligingly bore you with tears with this list:

- non-stupid button layout on window title bars
- not having to dork around with font-config
- snapping windows up against workspace edges/each other

Can't reproduce the "Omnipresent" bug.  But then the only time I have
multiple workspaces open is when I'm using different colour depths to
satisfy different emulators, anyhow.
--
Matthew Miller <mwmiller@columbus.rr.com>