[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Sun Oct 10 14:46:02 PDT 2004

begin  J C Lawrence  quotation:
> I want no icons ever, not anywhere, not even suggested.  No taskbar
> either.  No drag'n'drop.

    You Big Man, you!  You'll show those mackertoshers a thing or two!

> > You have won the pool.
> Cool.  I accept paypal or e-gold.

	Alas, paypal does not currently provide the service of sending
a punch in the face.

> I see you didn't comment on Gnome's (or KDE's) silly assumption that
> everything everywhere must have the same UI definition.  Uniformity
> is for machines, not humans.

	You stick it to the man, y'hear!  You show him what a fallacy
the UI principle of consistency is!  Maybe you can use great examples
like bourne shell syntax or python lambda functions to show what a bad
idea orthogonality is!

--
Arch really is simple to use:                                   Nick Moffitt
    tla register-archive http://www.lnx-bbc.org/arch      nick@teh.entar.net