[linux-elitists] GNOME still > you

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Sun Oct 10 11:48:19 PDT 2004

begin  Uncle Bad  quotation:
> Golly, Mr. Pournelle,

	What is it with you and pr0n?

> would you please tell us more breathless and fascinating stories
> about the software and hardware you have installed this week? YOUR
> PRODUCT ENDORSEMENT MATTERS MORE TO ME THAN LIFE ITSELF.

	Oh come on.  Can't you see that I'm trolling the hacker
wannabes on this list?  There's a branch of elitism that defines
itself by precisely what the other systems are not.  Thus, if
Mackertoshers use pictures, then the elitist says pictures are BAD.
If the Winders systems have drop-down menus on toolbars, then those
are BAD FOR USABILITY AND GET IN THE WAY OF HARD-CORE HACKING.

	I stand behind my raving Ubuntu slobber, because it's the
first distro I've come across in a good long time that actually got me
excited (potato probably being the last one).

	Also, you come on way too strong.  Why would I hire you when
you come on so strong?

--
A: No.                                                 Nick Moffitt
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?           nick@zork.net