[linux-elitists] Free FPGA software on Linux

Brian Danger Hicks hick0142@umn.edu
Wed Oct 6 15:27:41 PDT 2004

I've been thinking about getting into some hobbyist-type stuff with
FPGAs, and there seem to be all sorts of low-cost development boards
around now, and all the major players seem to be offering a
free-as-in-beer versions of their development suites.  But even though
these companies offer Linux support in their full versions (which cost
thousands of dollars) all of their free versions are windows-only.

So, the question then is what can I do to get FPGA development from HDL
to downloading on Linux?  Obviously I'd prefer open-source, but simply
being able to do all that stuff on without breaking the bank would
be acceptable.

--
Brian Hicks               <mailto:hick0142@umn.edu>
   <http://zork.net/~octal> <ham:KC0OIH> <PGP:0xADDD1F16>