[linux-elitists] Extensible, powerful frameworks.

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Tue Nov 30 19:39:16 PST 2004

begin  Chuck Vose  quotation:
> Annoying; linux is being XML'ized. I heard recently that something
> like 70% of network traffic is going to be XML based in a few years.
> What the hell is wrong with plaintext? Seems like traffic would be
> 70% faster if we got rid of all the silly tags.

	I dunno, the ability to do nested structures is useful.  Sure,
you could stick to hand-hacked SMTP-style protocols in the raw.  Isn't
it better to re-use the code for the structuring of data at the
presentation layer?

	XML is UTF-8, which is the new ASCII.  How is that not
plaintext?

--
"Man, if everything were object-oriented then rsync           Nick Moffitt
could do this already. Of course, if everything were    nick@teh.entar.net