[linux-elitists] Ubuntu nipples [Was: Mozilla/Firefox issues rant]

Modus Operandi modus@as220.org
Sat Nov 27 17:47:59 PST 2004

In the immortal words of Teh Entar-Nick <nick@teh.entar.net>:
> begin  Jeff Weff  quotation:
> > <quote who="Teh Entar-Nick">
> > > 	Epiphany has extensions?
> >
> > Yeah, apt-get install epiphany-extensions.

>   w3c-dtd-xhtml
>
> 	For some reason this made me giggle.  No other browser needed
> this, and epiphany sans-extension didn't need this.  But suddenly now,
> some little plugin thingummy needs the xhtml DTD!!

Hoo boy. Once again, eavesdropping on those who actually know about
computers has pulled me in over my head: I tried to install epiphany,
but it won't run because:

"Bonobo couldn't locate the GNOME_Epiphany_Automation.server file.
You can use bonobo-activation-sysconf to configure the search path
for bonobo server files."

celebris:~# bonobo-activation-sysconf --display-directories
Bonobo-activation configuration file contains:

Huh ... I don't know what directory to add to Bonobo's search path, and
I can't seem to "find / -name GNOME_Epiphany_Automation.server"
anywhere. Advice? Is my system hopelessly misconfigured? Again?

--
/home/modus/.signature