[linux-elitists] Ubuntu nipples [Was: Mozilla/Firefox issues rant]

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Wed Nov 24 20:12:51 PST 2004

<quote who="Teh Entar-Nick">

> > So I used to work for a cook book shop, mail order house and
> > distributor.  There is this great book called The Cake Bible. We never
> > got a copy of that through Saudi Arabian postal customs. Ever.
>
> I also like how, to show the increidble diversity present in Africa, 2/3
> of the models are white.  It's so touching.

But K-Mel (the dude) is like, exotic, and stuff.

> > Meanwhile, *you're* still using Galeon, too? What are you still
> > missing in Epiphany (plus extensions) or Firefox?
>
> 	Epiphany has extensions?

Yeah, apt-get install epiphany-extensions.

> I dunno, I'm still using debian testing on this T20 that won't recharge
> its batteries and sometimes doesn't boot after it's been off for a while.
> Epiphany on this system still only has the all-or-nothing cookie option,
> and I want to be able to screen them on a per-site basis.

I think that's one of the extensions-in-development.

> Also, my galeon instance has a lot of well-trained behaviors that it'd be
> too irritating to re-enter into another browser.  Like all those
> non-essential passwords to stupid sites that don't hold enough actual
> per-user info to make the damn thing worthwhile.

Yeah. Grr.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "The Irish were next, being the only people who could credibly be
    accused of lowering the tone of a society of convicts." - Guy Rundle