Mozilla/Firefox issues rant (was Re: [linux-elitists] Browser plugins and write permissions)

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Wed Nov 24 19:44:37 PST 2004

begin  Greg Folkert  quotation:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 10:09 -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> > It would be nice if Firefox would just use GConf where available.
>
> Yes, yes... and then they would have "sane-defaults" for *ALL*

	I'm actually quite impressed.  I set up a tor/privoxy thing
today (check debian unstable), and poked galeon to start using
localhost:8118 as the web proxy.

	I figured it would be a good idea to make all gnome apps use
the proxy, so I went into the settings wotzit and lo: that's what I
had been playing with in galeon.  Pretty slick, in that "so how the
hell do I make galeon and some other app use different proxies" kind
of way.

	Also, I'd like to thank Jdub personally for helping get
high-quality nipple images into my postal mailbox.  But why aren't
they more pants off?

--
"Man, if everything were object-oriented then rsync         Nick Moffitt
could do this already. Of course, if everything were       nick@zork.net