[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Martin Pool mbp@sourcefrog.net
Tue Nov 16 13:54:27 PST 2004

On 16 Nov 2004, Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com> wrote:

> Those flags make it faster EYAH AWESOME ROX0R LOL OMG!!11!!"

My personal favorite Gentoo quote is "distcc ownz my nutz!"  Talk
about unintended consequences...

> Gentoo does, however, attract the pizza-faced 13-year old crowd more than any
> other Linux distro on the planet, and it's that attraction which carries the
> stereotype over to Gentoo.

Yes, but I see that as a good thing.  Get them in now, and as they
mature so will their involvement with Linux.  Much better for everyone
for 13 year olds to be excited about Linux than say to be collecting
warez.

--
Martin