[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Jim Richardson warlock@eskimo.com
Tue Nov 16 13:18:27 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 06:38:52PM -0800, J. Paul Reed wrote:
>On 16 Nov 2004 at 13:31:47, Jeff Waugh arranged the bits on my disk to say:
>
>> > How do I get that, exactly that, and only that in Debian?
>>
>> You don't.
>
>And this is exactly why all of us Gentoo users laugh at you poor Debian
>users.

What? you are insecure with other people making different choices than
you?

>> If you can do your own integration, bug tracking and security support
>> for everything on your system, that's... unhealthy, and I recommend
>> you seek medial advice.
>
>I don't have to; emerge and the people working in the Gentoo herds do
>all that for me.

So you'd classify yourself as a leech then? Just curious :)

>This was a stupid conversation to get involved in in the first place...
>but I did. I said my peace, so now I'm stepping out of it.

Funny how often someone posts a bit of flame bait, and then says "that's
all I am going to say on the matter"

You may be infinitely smaller than some things, but you're infinitely
larger than others.