[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Tue Nov 16 09:47:14 PST 2004

On November 16, 2004 11:57 am, James Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > AMEN BROTHER... this is the single biggest beef I have with all the ricer
> > boys
>
> Why do you care what someone else does?

When they come blasting in claiming that their way works SO MUCH BETTER and is
OH SO MUCH FASTER and they are SO 31337 yet when you ask them what's going on
when they type those commands they give you the thousand yard stare and say
"uh...  well it's compiling.  Those flags make it faster EYAH AWESOME ROX0R
LOL OMG!!11!!"

Gentoo itself isn't necessarily bad, and I didn't mean to insinuate that.
Gentoo does, however, attract the pizza-faced 13-year old crowd more than any
other Linux distro on the planet, and it's that attraction which carries the
stereotype over to Gentoo.

-A.