[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-le@benshaw.com
Tue Nov 16 08:13:16 PST 2004

On November 15, 2004 08:24 pm, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> > And, as Gentoo has a "no installer for us, you wimp" type install, it
> > does fall into the "elitists" category for just getting the box up and
> > running properly :)
>
> It's well-known : typing command verbatim from an HOWTO and watching
> stuff scroll by for hours make you an elitist, on the spot !

AMEN BROTHER... this is the single biggest beef I have with all the ricer boys
who run Gentoo and think they're getting "closer to the metal" -- hell even
the LFS crowd is guilty of this...  Now if you're actually understanding
what's going on that's one thing... but copy and pasting from a HOWTO ... may
as well admit you haven't got the mad skills and install FC3 like everyone
else.

-A.