[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

J. Paul Reed preed@sigkill.com
Mon Nov 15 18:38:52 PST 2004

On 16 Nov 2004 at 13:31:47, Jeff Waugh arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> > How do I get that, exactly that, and only that in Debian?
>
> You don't.

And this is exactly why all of us Gentoo users laugh at you poor Debian
users.

> If you can do your own integration, bug tracking and security support for
> everything on your system, that's... unhealthy, and I recommend you seek
> medial advice.

I don't have to; emerge and the people working in the Gentoo herds do all
that for me.

This was a stupid conversation to get involved in in the first place... but
I did. I said my peace, so now I'm stepping out of it.

Later,
Paul
J. Paul Reed -- 0xDF8708F8 || preed@sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
                                            -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

I use PGP; you should use PGP too... if only to piss off John Ashcroft