[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Teh Entar-Nick nick@teh.entar.net
Mon Nov 15 17:39:34 PST 2004

begin  J. Paul Reed  quotation:
> (so... you know... you can install PHP without bringing in X + fonts
> + gtk2 + Gnome because some Debian dumbass likes PHPs Gnome
> bindings).

	I don't think this claim holds up.  In fact, the only things
keeping X on my own headless server are scheme interpreters.

	Here's hoping that r7rs or whichever is next actually does get
a standard module format, so that the scheme systems can be broken up
the way perl and python and ruby are.

--
A: No.                                                 Nick Moffitt
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?           nick@zork.net