[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

J. Paul Reed preed@sigkill.com
Mon Nov 15 16:06:10 PST 2004

On 15 Nov 2004 at 18:41:45, Greg Folkert arranged the bits on my disk to say:

> Wow, that sounds an awful lot Debian. Hmmm. Glad you all woke up and
> smelled the Irony.

Yeah... it is just like Debian... except... it's software that's not 12
years old, and it's packaged by you, not some Debian packager who thinks
they know what you want (so... you know... you can install PHP without
bringing in X + fonts + gtk2 + Gnome because some Debian dumbass likes PHPs
Gnome bindings).

Neener neener!

Later,
Paul
J. Paul Reed -- 0xDF8708F8 || preed@sigkill.com || web.sigkill.com/preed
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.
                                            -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

I use PGP; you should use PGP too... if only to piss off John Ashcroft