[linux-elitists] Gentoo Linux Releases 2004.3 (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Greg Folkert greg@gregfolkert.net
Mon Nov 15 15:38:19 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 11:25 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> And, as Gentoo has a "no installer for us, you wimp" type install, it
> does fall into the "elitists" category for just getting the box up and
> running properly :)

Who needs an installer for Gentoo?

Bah who needs an installer for Debian? I use a chroot from a rescue
floppy/CD and go from there. That is if I want to waste _less time_ than
it takes to emerge everything for Gentoo. *AND* get a more flexible
system to boot. (yes, a punny) Easily re-deployable as well.

And if I really wanted to Optimize my Debian system, I can compile the
world every day, from source, too!

</shooting_fish_in_a_barrel>
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net