[linux-elitists] heidelberg

Martijn Dekkers martijn@dekkers.org.uk
Tue Nov 9 15:55:24 PST 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 15:53:57 -0600, "David Jackson"
<atari_x@bellsouth.net> said:
> Martijn Dekkers wrote:
>
> >I have yet to see a redhat or fedora system "just work" without major
> >(re)engineering works required.
>
> Then you have never been around my production servers.

I can honestly say that I haven't.

> I have a
> webserver that runs Fedora Core 3, and it is pretty much an "out of the
> box" CD install with nothing special done to it, aside from configuring
> Apache with Webmin.

A production webserver running Webmin. Right....

>  I have a mail server that runs Red Hat, and it is
> minimally configured as well.   I used to run Fedora Core 3 on my main
> machine, until I switched to Gentoo (for higher performance), and the
> only thing I ever had to do with it was install the Nvidia drivers.

I was taking you seriously until you mentioned that you moved to Gentoo
for higher performance.

Martijn.....
A supercomputer is a machine that will run an endless loop in 2 seconds.