[linux-elitists] heidelberg

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Tue Nov 9 04:30:57 PST 2004

<quote who="Eugen Leitl">

> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 10:59:15AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > *cough* Ubuntu *cough* :-)
>
> Looks good (has RAID issues, somewhat). You can't use vanilla Debian
> packages for it, right? Different depository.

It's not recommended, but in addition to the supported software in Ubuntu
main, the universe and multiverse repos contain as much of Debian as will
build, they're just unsupported. There'll be a lot more of it working for
Hoary, as we're no longer pre-first-release. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

                   No match for "LINUSWEARSTHEPANTS.ORG".