[linux-elitists] heidelberg

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue Nov 9 00:08:33 PST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 10:59:15AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> *cough* Ubuntu *cough* :-)

Looks good (has RAID issues, somewhat). You can't use vanilla Debian packages
for it, right? Different depository. Maybe, once Hoary comes out. I'm going
to go with FC3 on the x86_64 home desktop this time (with XFS and SELinux).

On the servers, I'm thinking about Adamantix and OpenBSD. OpenBSD can't do
HA, though, and Adamantix has probably issues with VServer (due to RSBAC), so
I might just stick with Ubuntu, building a custom kernel
(http://www.13thfloor.at/vserver/project/ + RNG patches and maybe some
patches used in Adamantix).

I understand VServer patch is in by default in Gentoo (no idea about Gentoo,
but a friend of mine does).