[linux-elitists] heidelberg

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Nov 8 16:48:12 PST 2004

<quote who="Matthew Galgoci">

> > Only with Fedora (and NLD), you still have to download 3 CDs. Argh! :-)
>
> Fedora, like its predecessor, is network installable. The problem is
> finding a mirror that is has enough free bandwidth to install from.

Mmm, but you can't install a useful desktop / basic server system off the
first disk only. You have to install micro-minimal-teeny-tiny.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

   "Compassionate Conservative: I don't know what that is, sounds like a
                  Volvo with a gun rack." - Robin Williams