[linux-elitists] heidelberg

Matthew Galgoci mgalgoci@redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 16:40:53 PST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:28:31 +1100
> From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org>
> To: linux-elitists@zgp.org
> Subject: Re: [linux-elitists] heidelberg
>
> <quote who="Mike MacCana">
>
> > - A relatively small range of software by default with more available from
> > other repositories
>
> Only with Fedora (and NLD), you still have to download 3 CDs. Argh! :-)

Fedora, like its predecessor, is network installable. The problem is finding
a mirror that is has enough free bandwidth to install from.

Almost all of the mirrors we have are shattering bandwidth records today. Go
visit www.kernel.org and see for yourself how the kernel.org master servers
are holding up or check out the duke lug bt stats page:

http://torrent.linux.duke.edu:6969/

--
Matthew Galgoci
System Administrator and Sr. Manager of Ruminants