[linux-elitists] heidelberg

Jeff Waugh jdub@perkypants.org
Mon Nov 8 16:12:16 PST 2004

<quote who="Teh Entar-Nick">

> > > 	Yes, that's why for desktop use it's now all about Ubuntu.
> >
> > s/for desktop use// :-)
>
> 	I'm not convinced.  I'll keep Debian Stable for important
> servers, thanks.

Yeah, it'll take a while for that idea to become acceptable. Though, looking
at current Debian stable (woody), and the never ending sarge process, I'd be
surprised if it takes all that long. (Most of the commercial interest has
been server-oriented btw, which is not entirely surprising, but interesting
nonetheless.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

    Echidnas, or at least the ones I've met, don't have joy. Adults very
     rarely have joy. Kids have hyperkinetic nuclear joy in abundance.