[linux-elitists] heidelberg

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Mon Nov 8 16:00:42 PST 2004

begin  Chuck Vose  quotation:
> Deb has it's nice things, but it's really outdated. I'm surprised
> that Deb doesn't use a 2.2 just to make double sure that their
> "testing" repos are stable.

	Yes, that's why for desktop use it's now all about Ubuntu.
Ubuntu uses GNOME's six-month release cycle, and are working hard to
push all their patches back down into Debian.  It's really amazing how
these folks finally got the Debian-offshoot thing right.  It's also
super nice to finally see a distro use sudo for everything from the
start.

> Deb takes finesse. Slack takes even more finesse. When I'm
> installing Linux for someone else I'm going to use Fedora, when I
> want to play I'll use Slack or Deb.

	It's always encouraging to see that people still use
Slackware, despite its irrelevance.  Do they still have SLS about?
Perhaps Yggdrasil 2.0 has released?

--
Support your droogs!                          Nick Moffitt
                                        nick@teh.entar.net