[linux-elitists] HTML email

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam@rosi-kessel.org
Wed Nov 3 10:17:21 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:12:16PM -0500, Mister Bad wrote:
> > If an MUA can do hypertext, that means it's doubling as a hypertext
> > browser.  Just because a MUA can display HTML doesn't mean it can do
> > hypertext, nor should it.
> So I kind of wonder: is people's opposition to doing this with HTML as
> one of the alternatives based on HTML's deficiencies, or on the
> system's? Because the system as it is seems pretty logical to me.

Why not just use inline shorls?  It seems to me the typical problem with
the inline links is they break up the text because they are too long; the
problem with footnotes is they break up the URL from the reference.  With
a shorl the URL is short enough to be intrusive.

With my very own shorlfilter <http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/shorlfilter>
<http://packages.debian.org/shorlfilter> you can automate the process of
converting long links in your message body to shorls.
--
Adam Rosi-Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org