[linux-elitists] HTML email

Mister Bad mr.bad@pigdog.org
Wed Nov 3 10:12:16 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-11 at 13:48 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> If an MUA can do hypertext, that means it's doubling as a hypertext
> browser.  Just because a MUA can display HTML doesn't mean it can do
> hypertext, nor should it.

So, RFC 1341, section 7.3.2, recommends using the multipart/alternative
type for increasingly rich text formatting.

So I kind of wonder: is people's opposition to doing this with HTML as
one of the alternatives based on HTML's deficiencies, or on the
system's? Because the system as it is seems pretty logical to me.

~Mr. Bad

--
Mister Bad <mr.bad@pigdog.org>