[linux-elitists] OpenBSD Activism Shows Drivers Can Be Freed (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed Nov 3 00:04:18 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:13:06AM +1100, Mike MacCana wrote:

> <clippy>It looks like you're marking up hypertext!</clippy>

Nah, it's more, like, vigor here.

> you're right. Of course don't do anything just because you can. Maybe
> one should only do something when it's fashionable - like bagging HTML
> even when it's the right thing (you need to markup hypertext, it's the

No. I don't need to mark up anything. The hyperlinks are usable as is.
The [ref]erences are silly, blame the hyperreal person. I usually use raw
links in mail body; work just fine.

> >If you want HTML, you can click on the link and read the original.
> >
> Or I could just not bother cause whoever wants me to do that obviously
> doesn't care enough to present their material properly in the first place.

Thanks, I like my /. just fine as serialized plain ascii. That minimizes the
dro0l factor, and I can pass on snippets with two keystrokes.

You sound like quite a rodent-pusher. Nasty habit, that.