[linux-elitists] OpenBSD Activism Shows Drivers Can Be Freed (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Mike MacCana mmaccana@redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 16:13:06 PST 2004

Eugen Leitl wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:29:50AM +1100, Mike MacCana wrote:
>

>>Dude.
>>
>>Use HTML.
>>

>No. Why on earth?

<clippy>It looks like you're marking up hypertext!</clippy>

>>Every OSS mail client, yes, including mutt, can read it.
>>

>I can do many things. Like poking my eye out with a screwdriver yon.
>Just because I can do it, it doesn't mean it's a smart idear.

OH NOES? Really? Thanks I had no idea.

you're right. Of course don't do anything just because you can. Maybe
one should only do something when it's fashionable - like bagging HTML
even when it's the right thing (you need to markup hypertext, it's the
right thing). That's much cleverer.

>>That's what it was  designed for. I know it's not elitist, but it's a
>>better tool for the job than the mess above.
>
>If you want HTML, you can click on the link and read the original.

Or I could just not bother cause whoever wants me to do that obviously
doesn't care enough to present their material properly in the first place.

Mike