[linux-elitists] HTML email

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 2 19:46:01 PST 2004

Quoting Mike MacCana (mmaccana@redhat.com):

> Ben Finney wrote:

So, Mike.  I hope you know I think you're a good guy, but I'd like to
arrange for this and all future recurrences of this tiresome topic (HTML
e-mail) to disappear from my linux-elitists mail (meaning only
linux-elitists as it arrives in my MUA -- what passes between you and
consenting listadmins being not at all my business).

Being among those who summarily reject Edwards's Law[1], I'm always on
the lookout for effective technological remedies to social problems, so:
Would you be willing to use some regex-matchable marker for future
occasions when you run through this ritualised discussion yet again, or
are less-precise removal methods necessary in this case?  (I'm pretty
sure this is about your fourth or fifth iteration.)

[1] http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#edwards