[linux-elitists] OpenBSD Activism Shows Drivers Can Be Freed (fwd from brian-slashdotnews@hyperreal.org)

Mike MacCana mmaccana@redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 16:22:33 PST 2004

Eugen Leitl wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:29:50AM +1100, Mike MacCana wrote:
>

>>Dude.
>>
>>Use HTML.
>
>No. Why on earth?

It looks like you're assigning text to URLs. Your sentences are smeared
with annoying footnotes, making it hard to read and navigate. You should
use hypertext.

>>Every OSS mail client, yes, including mutt, can read it.
>>

>I can do many things. Like poking my eye out with a screwdriver yon.
>Just because I can do it, it doesn't mean it's a smart idear.

OH NOES~11!one Really? Thanks I had no idea.

You're right. Of course don't do anything just because you can. Maybe
one should only do something when it's fashionable - like bagging HTML
even when it's the most appropriate thing for the task at hand, because
some poor newbie dared send you HTML when it wasn't warranted at some
time in the past, and you've spent years in therapy recovering.

>>That's what it was  designed for. I know it's not elitist, but it's a
>>better tool for the job than the mess above.
>
>If you want HTML, you can click on the link and read the original.

I don't want HTML. I want your original to be readable.

I won't bother clicking because whoever wants me to do that obviously
doesn't care enough to present their material properly in the first place.

Mike